George H. Lyons
Law Offices of George H. Lyons
2398 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, Arizona, 85016
The firm is amenable to a variety of fee arrangements including contingency fee agreements, hourly fee agreements, and alternative types of fee agreements that combine the beneficial aspects of contingency fee agreements with hourly fee agreements.
A sampling of case results:
• Trial counsel for gas explosion involving family of four; husband died 28 days after accident, wife and two minor children severely burned. Case settled for multiple million dollar payment to family.
• Trial counsel for gas explosion involving single female occupant of first story apartment; female burned over 90% of her body. Case eventually resolved through multiple settlements resulting in one of the largest, if not the largest, series of payments to a single burn victim in Arizona’s then-existing history.
• Trial counsel for limited partnership engaged in telecommunications against former business manager for fraud, conversion and business torts. Obtained a million plus verdict for client.
• Trial counsel for a family having lost their mother as a result of medical malpractice. Case settled shortly before trial.
• Trial counsel for a female having undergone multiple efforts to correct negligently performed eye surgery. Case settled.
• Trial counsel for the surviving spouse and parents of a deceased man electrocuted through contact with a downed 12,000 volt power line. Case settled.
• Trial counsel for day laborers exposed to mercury, arsenic, cadmium and lead in an effort to clean equipment previously exposed to those chemicals. Case resulted in two successive settlements against some defendants and proceeded to trial against others.
• Trial counsel for supervisor and deceased worker severely burned and electrocuted while installing a street light pole that fell into a 12,000 volt power line. Case settled before trial.
• Trial counsel for cross-country bicycle rider severely injured when bicycle front tire became locked in cattle guard grate. Case tried to a jury that awarded a verdict of more than $600,000.
• Trial counsel for manufacturing company against its property damage insurance carrier for business interruption coverage and bad faith. Obtained twice policy limit for client.
• Trial counsel for national grocery store chain against former advertising manager and store's fidelity bond carrier for six million dollar fraud. Defendants settled after eight weeks of trial for confidential amount resulting in a clearly pleased client.
• Trial counsel for a consortium of public utilities against the manufacturer of a nuclear steam supply system for the largest nuclear power plant in the United States. Matter settled for over $40 million.
• Trial counsel for purchaser against manufacturer of water purification system (reverse osmosis fluidized resin bed). Matter settled on eve of trial after three years of discovery battles.
• Representation of multi-national banking organization for execution of a $160 million foreign judgment based on fraud and conversion. Defendant sought bankruptcy protection during litigation and client continues to execute on defendants' assets.
• Trial counsel representing 30% minority shareholder in a grocery store chain in corporate freeze out/oppression suit. Net sales exceed $100,000,000. Case resolved through court supervised valuation.
• Trial counsel against law firm engaged in scheme to assist corporate client in freezing out minority shareholder. Case settled for policy limits.
Mr. Lyons is a litigator with extensive trial experience. Mr. Lyons established the Law Offices of George H. Lyons in October 2003. Prior to establishing his own firm, Mr. Lyons achieved remarkable results in numerous catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases while at the premier Arizona personal injury firm of Charles M. Brewer, Ltd. Prior to focusing on plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation, Mr. Lyons was a senior partner in Arizona’s largest law firm, Snell & Wilmer, for 28 years where he practiced as trial counsel in defense of personal injury litigation, representation of plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation, and public utility litigation. During his tenure at Snell & Wilmer, Mr. Lyons was lead trial counsel on several of Arizona’s largest personal injury and commercial litigation matters.
Mr. Lyons’ community services have included the following: President of the Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education (2010-2011); Member, Board of Directors of Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education (2006-2009); President of Community Legal Services (2002-2003); Member, Board of Directors of Community Legal Services (2004-2006); Member of the Civil Practice & Procedure Committee for the State Bar of Arizona (2010-2012); Member of the Hearing Committee of the Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Arizona (1982-1990); Member of the Committee on Rules of Professional Conduct for the State Bar of Arizona (1983-1989)
Areas of Practice
1973, Arizona; 1979, U.S. Supreme Court
Mr. Lyons is a member of the Maricopa County Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, American Board of Trial Advocates, The American Trial Lawyers Association, and Attorney’s Information Exchange Group (AIEG). Mr. Lyons has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012 Southwest Super Lawyers. For over 25 years, Mr. Lyons has held an AV rating with Martindale Hubbell.